Of course no game is to be taken lightly, but it doesn't get much easier than this. I hope they would be able to win while limiting Luka and KP to some 25 minutes. Game against Memphis will be much more difficult. If they think of resting KP on back to backs, I would certainly rest him on this one.
After KP's comments after the Magic game and how badly he wants to have a good game, I would love it if he shows up tonight.
Let him drop 40, and then another 50 in in MSG
Mavs got humiliated by the Knicks last year which was the low point of the season if I do recall.
I hope this lights a fire under KP. He still looks lost on offense. He is a turnover machine and doesn't ever look comfortable.
Hopefully he gets it together. He is still a good shooter and has an impact on defense.
I expect Mavs to crush the Knicks. Mavs didn't play well against the Magic.
Also speaking of Knicks I would love to get my hands on Marcus Morris at some point. He might get traded or bought out at some point.
Mavs should win this relatively easy, though Randle will be motivated playing at home.
Hell no to either Morris twin, they seem like chemistry cancers.
Hopefully no barea in this game und rc sticks to the normal rotation.
(11-08-2019, 05:15 AM)Lennon Wrote: Hopefully no barea in this game und rc sticks to the normal rotation.
Yeah I'm pretty open to everything else but both Wright and Curry need at least 25 minutes
Hell I'd play Wright 30+ minutes every night. He's been our 2nd most impactful player so far.
The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:1 user Likes Jym's post
11-08-2019, 08:19 AM
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2019, 08:19 AM by SportPsychMav.)
Should be a blowout if they don't manage their resources because it is a back to back.
If they are smart they come out guns blazing in the first half and then manage the rest of the game.
This game is a test in how they play a truely bad team. Hopefully they do not play down to the competition.
- Protect home court: Mavs team has been better on the road than at home, which is unusual for a young team. Sure some is quality of opponents, but they've also yet to beat Vegas, which means they have underperformed. Once more huge fav against a bad team. Would be nice if we didn't have to sweat this one out.
- DSJ is back: He is with the team, but won't likely play. Still interesting to see what the reception will look like. Imho most fans do wish him well in NY.
- Don't let the Kristaps narrative take over: Yes it's technically KP's "revenge" game, but the Mavs should not make this game about him vs. his old team. Just play the right way and you'll win. Otherwise it might get ugly, which will only help the Knicks.
- Match their intensity early on: NY has some weirdos on the team and they might think they have to prove something against KP for their fans at home. Have to be ready.
- Randle is having a putrid season, which probably means he'll kill us inside. Him and Morris are gunning for their own shots on a bad team, and you should just let them do that (given solid defense).
- Backcourt is the one to watch out for. Barrett has played a decent season so far and is especially lethal driving to the bucket. Frankie Smokes has also been playing well in DSJ's absence, but is only a defensive stopper. Still those two can cause some pain on both sides of the floor.
- Not sure what to highlight for the Mavs honestly. Playing solid should result in a sizeable win. With Robinson out we should even be able to control the boards comfortably.
- Maybe one thing: Taking care of the ball. Orlando was able to pull away early because Mavs threw away the rock left and right. Don't give a bad team any hope by making stupid mistakes.
good stuff j0Shi!
(11-08-2019, 09:50 AM)j0Shi Wrote: Mey keys
Good stuff. The key is start with high intensitiy and concentration and you might be able to sort things out in 2 to 3 quarters and let reserves do the rest. Don't repeat
the Cleveland game. Don't let the underdog think they can win it, because they might start flying all over the court. Show them their place and they will settle for some individual stats without playing D.
11-08-2019, 11:51 AM
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2019, 11:52 AM by ClutchDirk.)
|Users browsing this thread: |