Rebounding will be really important in this matchup. Lakers are a big team. We can't allow them to feast on many second chance opportunities.
I think this is a game where Jackson should get some time. He's quietly been really efficient and his size is a plus.
Let's hope Powell has warmed up by then. In the past he was a matchup Nightmare for Anthony Davis.
Finney Smith or Maxi probably will check LeBron.
I think this is the team to go
Zinger, Powell, Maxi, Curry, Luka
I hope Luka isn't ill. It would definitely explain his conditioning issues. He lacks stamina for the level of energy he has to spend per minute. Defenders throw everything at him and are very physical.
Early shotclock and trash shots and lack of driving are only a problem early in a game. It.occurs in the 3rd and ,4th mainly then it is a conditioning problem and or chemistry problem when guys stop playing together.
I doubt it is a mental problem.
10-30-2019, 12:17 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019, 12:20 PM by fifteenth.)
(10-30-2019, 11:29 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Zinger, Powell, Maxi, Curry, Luka
I don't think that lineup will ever see the floor
I just watched the full highlights for the last Lakers game. Watching LBJ reminded me of something I've thought before. LeBron is Luka's closest player comp.
Yeah I think the last game helped to establish that we need a PG starting next to Luka.
I'd prefer Wright but you could talk me into Brunson
Y'all gonna jinx the Mavs. We need some VP vibe.
(10-30-2019, 02:26 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Y'all gonna jinx the Mavs. We need some VP vibe.
I'm approaching this game as a free-be, I wanted 1-2 at least out of this group of 3 games. We got the 1, so even if the Lakers win, I'm happy with this stretch. I'm amazed if we go 2-1, and I'm really happy if we lose by playing them like the POR game...to the end in a nail-biter.
I like our chances being at home. I think we win by 3-5 points.
The easiest of easy wins!!!!
Things to watch:
- Luka should bounce back after a bad game.
- Will we see our "final" rotation with DP playing full starter minutes? Probably not, because Lakers usually start twin towers in McGee and AD and I'm fairly certain Maxi can deal better with that matchup. KP on AD, Maxi on McGee.
- Put pressure on LeBron: He runs point, but is not interested to spend too much energy. Pick him up full-court and throw different defenders at him.
- Win the bench fight by a mile: Lakers have the 24th best bench in the NBA and Mavs should hold a decisive advantage here even if Kuzma returns and deepens their rotation.
- Find ways to score: Mavs must work hard against one of the better defenses in the league. We have firepower though, trailing only the Clippers in offensive rating.
- Play fast, get in transition: Mavs pace is below average, fast break point a little above average. For all the talk that this team might speed up things a little bit, they sure walk it up a lot, especially with Doncic on the court. I'd like to see them running more, they have the players to do so and the passers that can find them.
10-30-2019, 06:39 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019, 06:44 PM by Hypermav.)
(10-30-2019, 06:03 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...5619306498
May he be as effective as Powell was
I think it will be close at the end.
Luka can match any other star in this league for end of the game clutchness.
Plus the more Kuzma shoots, the less AD or LeChina shoots.
|Users browsing this thread: |